Artists and curators very seldom get “discovered” without lifting a finger. Any artist who is busy with client work and/or exhibiting around the globe will tell you that most of their time spent is submitting proposals and populating spreadsheets with opportunities and deadlines.
Let’s get real: you need a sexy inventory and artist catalogue, a method to proposing, and a strategy for streamlining all of those potential opportunities out there. Also, you probably need a moment to ask yourself: are you proposing to galleries, corporate clients, or both?
Spend an afternoon with Marta Staudinger, owner of Latela Art + Curatorial Consulting Firm and Latela Art Gallery. As an art professional who has exhibited more than 200 local artists in the past four years as well as a practicing artist, Marta has experience from both sides of the creative and business fences to provide an insider view on how submission processes work and what proposal reviewers are looking for.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- How to vision board & understand what kind of art opportunities you want (corporate clients, murals, gallery exhibitions, a combination, etc).
- Key points in cataloguing/inventory practices that are necessary for proposals and submitting artwork
- How to create your artist catalogue to show your work to potential clients at the click of a button
- Key points in proposals (for corporate projects, murals, and exhibitions)
- Key points to contracts (for corporate projects, murals, and exhibitions)
- Key points to getting into galleries & the bloody truths about gallery representation
This workshop is ideal for all levels of artist, curator & creative professionals.
You’ll leave this workshop with templates + action steps to begin working smarter, protect yourself with contracts & propose to the right potential partners and clients.
Many hand outs, marketing tools, tips + good company always included.
*Please note: this workshop is hosted at Latela Curatorial. Step-by-step directions can be found here.