Catalogues, Proposals & Contracts
Learn how to develop an internal organization systems for your art inventory & catalogue, as well as tips for proposing artwork to exhibitions, and techniques for decoding contracts with galleries and commercial work.
DURATION: 2 hrs
LOCATION: Hosted regularly online & IRL at different locations
INSTRUCTOR: Led by Meghan Masius or Marta Staudinger
FULL WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION:
Artists and curators very seldom get “discovered” without lifting a finger. Any artist who is busy with client work and/or exhibiting around the globe will tell you that most of their time spent is submitting proposals and populating spreadsheets with opportunities and deadlines.
Let’s get real: you need a sexy inventory and artist catalogue, a method to proposing, and a strategy for streamlining all of those potential opportunities out there. Also, you probably need a moment to ask yourself: are you proposing to galleries, corporate clients, or both?
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- How to vision board & understand what kind of art opportunities you want (corporate clients, murals, gallery exhibitions, a combination, etc).
- Key points in cataloguing/inventory practices that are necessary for proposals and submitting artwork
- How to create your artist catalogue to show your work to potential clients at the click of a button
- Key points in proposals (for corporate projects, murals, and exhibitions)
- Key points to contracts (for corporate projects, murals, and exhibitions)
- Key points to getting into galleries & the bloody truths about gallery representation
This workshop is ideal for all levels of artist, curator & creative professionals.
You’ll leave this workshop with templates + action steps to begin working smarter, protect yourself with contracts & propose to the right potential partners and clients.
Many hand outs, marketing tools, tips + good company always included.